Pension & Public Grievances (P & PG) Department Administers and Monitors the Acts and Legislations Relating to pension, Provident Fund, Group Insurances Scheme, Commutation of Pension, Special Family Pension, for which purpose, exercises the Financial Powers as the Administrative Department and Acts as the Referral Department for interpretation of the Acts/rules namely :
- The Assam Services (Pension) Rules 1969.
- The Assam Services (Extraordinary) Pension Rules, 1963.
- The Assam Services (Commutation of Pension) Rules,1965.
- The Assam Services (Compassionate fund) Rules, 1962.
- General Provident Fund (Assam Services) Rules, 1937.
- State Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme, 1983.
- Special Family Pension Scheme, 1985.
The Department does not sanction pension of Government employees. Its responsibility is only for Review / Amendment / Relaxation of the aforesaid rules. Rules are amended only on completion of the legal requirements and necessary advice from the concerned Departments as required under the Rules of Executive Business. Individual cases of pension and other service matter referred to the Department for interpretation of rules, views and advice by the other Departments are provided. Individual Court cases/documents pertaining to pension matters of other Administrative Departments are forwarded to the concerned authority for necessary follow up action