Pension & Public Grievances (P & PG) Department was created on 02/09/1986 vide Administrative Reforms Department's Notification NO. AR. 52/83/7, dated 02/09/1986 for administration of all Legislation, Rules and Monitoring realating to Pension, Provident Fund and Group Insurance Scheme and to exercise the financial powers so far exercised by Finance (A & F) Department as Administrative Department in respect of the -
- The Assam Services (Pension) Rules 1969.
- The Assam Services (Extraordinary) Pension Rules, 1963.
- The Assam Services (Commutation of Pension) Rules,1965.
- The Assam Services (Compassionate fund) Rules, 1962.
- General Provident Fund (Assam Services) Rules, 1937.
- State Government Employees Group Insurance Scheme, 1983.
- Special Family Pension Scheme, 1985.
The Department has now endeavoured to launch their own website in a bid to provide basic information on the subjects dealt or looked after by the department. This has been done in order to provide instant information to the public specially to all pensioners as well as family pensioners. They can at one click of a button have access to any Office Memorandum and Notification issued by the depatment. The document can be downloaded and the same may be used to provide assistance in tackling their pension related problems.
We welcome all suggestions to improve the website and our efforts will be on and no stone unturned to regularly update the same.